Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Personal Game Plan 7/8

The two indicators I would like to improve on throughout the course of the next school year would be the following:

a. design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to
promote student learning and creativity.

d. model and facilitate effective use of current and emerging digital tools to locate, analyze,
evaluate, and use information resources to support research and learning.

The GAME Plan

Goals:

I would like to be able to successfully integrate at least 3 relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity during each trimester of the 2010-2011 school year.

I would like to be able to model and facilitate the effective use of the digital tools before and during the the 3 relevent learning experiences to be created for each trimester of the 2010-2011 school year.

Take action:

I need to identify 9 digital tools that can be used during each relevant activity.

I need to become very familiar with each tool.

I need to evaluate which lessons these experiences will be the most useful for implementation.

I need to design plans to model and facilitate the effective use of each tool chosen.

I need to create a checklist and a rubric to be used during each activity to insure that each goal is being met.

Monitor:

I will need to make sure I have at least 3 lessons developed using a digital tool and modeling each tool at the beginning of each trimester. Independent professional development time will be the best times to create these activities.

I will use the checklists and rubrics during each lesson involving the digital experiences to monitor my progress.

I will have to monitor if problems are occurring that don't help me meet my goals.

Evaluate

I need to review the checklists and rubrics after each lesson to determine overall success of each goal.

If my goals have not been met after each trimester, I need to make changes to each lesson plan to insure success during the next application.

I will determine what went right and what went wrong after each digital and modeling lesson. I will make the necessary changes to improve the lesson.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,

    You said that you are planning to use nine tools during each relevant activity; that seems like a lot of tools to me. Is there a reason that you determined that nine digital tools is the benchmark to hit? What about identifying the skills that you want to address and using the tech tools that make sense in supporting the skills instead of picking a number of tools to fit in? Just playing Devil's Advocate here. Your plan seems to go in depth in many respects.

    Looking forward to your response.

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you seem to have it under control. I have some resources for you and always love to gain more and more. My school site, that I maintain, has a technology section at http://libby.cps.k12.il.us/talkingtech.html. In addition, I have started adding resources onto my Diigo site at http://www.diigo.com/user/smohren.

    Take a look. Perhaps you and I can trade good sites. There have also been some great resources from the masters program as well.

    Let me know. I look forward to an answer. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys!

    Thanks for the information Steve. Have you ever created a delicious account? If not, it is a very cool way to get new technology sites.

    Sean, I planned on only using one tool per activity. If I create 3 activities per trimester, I feel like I will get a good jump on switching some of my old lesson plans by adding some technology to them.

    Thanks for the comments guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris,

    I like how clear and to the point your plan is. It's so easy for all of us to say that we're going to do this or that, but the way you've organized and laid out everything, I have no doubt you'll achieve your goals. I especially like the idea of using rubrics to track your progress. Are you familiar with RubiStar? If not, check it out. You might find it useful. Although I don't use rubrics often, my colleagues love it. http://rubistar.4teachers.org/index.php

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin,

    I love Rubistar. It is such a time saver. Thanks for the post.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris,

    That sounds more manageable. I was thrown off by the statement, "I need to identify 9 digital tools that can be used during each relevant activity."

    Having just jumped in like this last year, I would say that you might want to make sure to build in time to review the tools they already know and make sure to pick tools to teach in the beginning that will be usable for the rest of the year. That way they will end the year with nine integrated tools instead nine stand alone tools.

    ReplyDelete