Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Students and Standards

This week's discussion is how to use the GAME plan to help students develop a plan to meet the standards of the NET-S and NET-T. I would probably require my students to complete activities that are similar to the ones we have been completing over the last 6 weeks. I would have each student review the standards at the beginning of each trimester. I would have them pick one standard they would like to improve upon throughout the trimester. I would then have them create two goals for there GAME Plan. These goals would suggest ways the students would become proficient at these standards. I would then have them come up with an action plan to meet these goals. They would be required to create a plan to monitor their goals. At the end of the trimester, we would reevaluate their goals and decide if they had been met. If they had, we could set new goals. If they had not, we could figure out reasons for why they were not completed. We could then come up with a new plan to help become proficient at the goals. Each week during the trimester, we could evaluate our progress just like we have been doing in this class. I could have my students complete the work on a Google Document so that I could easily monitor their weekly progress and offer suggestions. These are just a few ideas on how I could help my students become proficient with the NET-S and the NET-T guidelines.

3 comments:

  1. Chris-

    It seems as if we have very similar ideas of how to incorporate the GAME plan and NET-S standars for our students. I left mine open to the pace of the studens where as you set trimester goals. Not a bad idea. I also like the idea of using Google docs to monitor their progress. WEll done!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to be on top of it with the GAME planning. I like the fact that you are talking about having the students set their own goals and determining whether or not they are achieving their goals.

    Would you set up an individual conference for each student in order to go over this information? Would you provide the students with a standard template or would you let them customize their own forms?

    Sounds like a good plan to have students actively engaged in the process at their own level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Guys,

    Thanks for the comments. I have a about 135 students. I would probably set up individual conferences with students that are really struggling. Google Docs will allow me to view everyone's goals and ideas. I can post feedback while viewing their ideas. Students that really struggle would be conferenced with in private. I think I will allow both ideas. I will provide a template, but I will also allow students to create their own form.

    ReplyDelete